FORT BEND ISD (Covering Fort Bend News) – Fort Bend ISD is shining the spotlight on visual artists during Youth Art Month. Held in March, the celebration encourages and advocates support for the inclusion of quality, school art programs in schools.
This year’s theme is “Building Community through Art.” To highlight the value of art programs to Texas children and increase community understanding of art education, Governor Greg Abbott has proclaimed March as Youth Art Month in Texas.
During Youth Art Month, FBISD is partnering with area businesses and community groups in showcasing our students’ artwork. Throughout the FBISD community, you can find art shows, exhibits, fundraisers and various school and community activities taking place to celebrate visual arts education for grades K-12. Student artwork will be on display at the following venues:
- FBISD Administration Building Atrium
- FBISD Administrative Annex
- Ridgemont Early Childhood Center
- A Creativ Genius Learning Center
- Bee Unique
- Children’s Museum, Sugar Land
- City of Missouri City Visitor Center
- Gallery Furniture
- Houston Museum of Natural Science – Sugar Land
- Kitty Hollow Park at DeWalt Heritage Center
- Kroger Grocery Store at 99 and Bellaire
- Pinnacle Senior Center
- Second Baptist Church
- Sienna Branch Library
- Sugar Land Library
FBISD’s Department of Fine Arts will host a Youth Art Month reception as well. The event will take place on Monday, March 26, from 4:30 to 6 p.m., in the FBISD Administration Building Atrium, 16431 Lexington Blvd. in Sugar Land.